IRHT is a pioneer in the field of peripheral blood stem cell identification and transplantation. This Institute has acquired international renown with its numerous publications and its participation in international congresses.
Professor Philippe Hénon is founder and director of the IRHT since 1987 and is also chairman and scientific director of CellProthera. He has received honors for his research work or for his contribution within the scientific community, particularly in hematopoiesis field.
- In 1986: Founder and director of the Institute for Research in Hematology and Transplantation (IRHT)
- In 1992: Co-founder and member of the Board of Directors of the International Society for Hematotherapy and Graft Enginering (later International Society for Cell Therapy). He has contributed to the reading committees of scientific journals such as Bone Marrow Transplantation, Stem Cells or Journal of Hematotherapy.
- 1999-2003: European editor of American Science Journals “Journal of Hematotherapy and Stem Cell Research”
- Since 1989: Actively participated in 25 scientific committees at international congresses, including 4 congresses of the International Society for Experimental Hematology.
- In 2000: Laureate of the “Excellence Achievements of the Millennium” for his contribution to the better knowledge of hematopoiesis, awarded to him in New York by Professor Don Thomas, Nobel Prize in Medicine in 1990
- 2002-2006: Visiting Professor of Cell Therapy at the University of Lincoln (UK)
- 2004-2006: Editor for the scientific journal “Stem Cells and Development”
- 2006-2010: Consulting Professor at New York Medical College (USA)
- Organizer and President of symposia and international workshops, in Mulhouse, mostly focused on stem cells